Update On Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
To our valued guests, staff, their families and our vendors:
As a family owned business, the safety of our guests and employees is always of paramount importance to us. We know that the coronavirus (COVID-19) is a concern at this time, and we want to reassure you that Catania Hospitality Group (CHG) is doing everything we can to take precautionary measures to prevent the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Our staff has been briefed on the guidelines provided by the local health authorities and the CDC including the rules and practices of good personal hygiene, face coverings and staying home when ill. We are doing everything possible to make sure our staff remain healthy. We are taking the temperatures of every employee when they arrive, and anyone with a temperature of 100 degrees or more will be sent home.
In all our facilities, we have implemented new cleaning and sanitizing protocols that go beyond the Massachusetts Safety Standards for Restaurants, Operators of Lodging, Retail Businesses, Hair Salons and Barbershops
Please click on the link to view the Massachusetts Safety Standards for these business sectors:
Please click on the link to view the Catania Hospitality Group Safety Standard for:
- All public contact points in all our properties (such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, reception counters, conference/meeting rooms) are being sanitized multiple times a day.
- We have worked with our suppliers to make sure that the staff in each of our locations are provided with all necessary supplies and equipment they need to follow these cleaning protocols.
- Regarding pool safety, the CDC just stated: “There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.” We take every precaution to keep our pools clean. All chlorine levels of our pools are tested every minute by our computerized automatic feed system and tested manually multiple times a by a supervisor. Our UV light (high intensity ultraviolet light) technology ensures that our pool water is treated for all common organisms present in pool systems and destroys over 60 waterborne pathogens, including algae, bacteria and is proven effective in killing all viruses. Ultra-violet is considered the best available technology for swimming pool disinfection. Our state-of-the-art air filtration system continuously introduces a large amount of fresh air to circulate throughout our water park. Now we have greatly increased the amount of fresh air circulated. Our retractable roof provides the entry of additional fresh air.
- We are taking the temperatures of all employees before they clock in, and anyone with a temperature of 100 degrees or more will be sent home.
CHG remains vigilant and will work closely with local, state, and federal authorities for the health and safety of all our patrons and employees. Daily meetings will be conducted to review the situation, and we are in constant communication with staff and guests to keep them updated and to advise them on appropriate measures to take.
Your safety and well-being are critical to us, and we are doing everything we can to make each of our properties a safe environment for our guests, employees, and their families. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotels, restaurants, and spas for a relaxing, enjoyable visit now and in the future.
In addition to the increased sanitation measures that we have implemented, you can help us in our efforts to support all our safety and reduce the risk of exposure at our facilities.
Please refrain from visiting our facilities if you would answer any of the following in the affirmative:
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 21 days?
- Are you or anyone in your party currently experiencing a fever, body aches, sore throat, or other flu-like symptoms?
- Have you or anyone in your party been in direct contact with anyone who is suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19?
- Have you or anyone in your party traveled to another state and have NOT self-quarantined for the last 14 days?
- Have you or anyone in your party traveled to any international locations currently listed in a CDC travel advisory and have NOT self-quarantined for the last 14 days?
- Do you agree to follow proper safety and sanitation procedures including wearing face coverings in public areas and maintaining 6 foot social distancing whenever possible?
By reading this and visiting our facilities you are agreeing to be legally liable for your actions. The Catania Hospitality Group Properties reserve the right to refuse service to keep our patrons and staff safe.
Thank you for your understanding and compliance.
William Catania, President
Catania Hospitality Group
Book Your Spa Experience Today!
Join us at the spa of your choosing. With two locations, we're always within reach.
1225 Iyannough Rd.
Hyannis, MA 02601
149 Main Street
Sandwich, MA 02563