Despite the numerous ingredients in products – some which are straight-forward and others unrecognizable – dermatologists say it really boils down to these 6 key skin-care ingredients that make the difference:
- Retinol – considered the gold standard for anti-aging because of its ability to stimulate collagen production which creates youthful, plump skin. Retinol does not require a prescription and should not be used by breastfeeding or pregnant women.
OUR FAVORITES: Biopelle Retriderm .05%, .75% and 1%; GMC Medical Retinol .05% and 1%
- Hyaluronic Acid – this acid occurs naturally in the body and is most prevalent in the space between cells. It begins to diminish after age 40. Serums and moisturizers are highly effective and help restore that dewey, youthful look.
OUR FAVORITES: GMC Medical Intense Moisture Serum; GM Collin Hydramucine Serum and Treating Mist; HydroPeptide Face Lift
- Tretinoin (more commonly known as Retin-A) – available only by prescription. In the Retinol and vitamin A family, when used regularly, this topical cream has been proven in multiple studies to reduce acne, increase collagen and thicken the skin to decrease wrinkles.
- Glycolic Acid – the most common of the alpha hydroxy acids, glycolic acid safely removes the outer layer of dead skin cells helping to reveal fresh, new skin. It also helps lighten skin discoloration and age spots.
OUR FAVORITES: Biopelle Exfoliating Home Peel; GM Collin Intensive Exfoliating Gel; HydroPeptide Exfoliating Cleanser
- Vitamin C – a powerful antioxidant, new research shows that vitamin C not only neutralizes free radicals, but also reverses DNA damage.
OUR FAVORITES: Biopelle XCP Brightening Serum; GMC Medical Antioxidant Serums 10 and 20; GM Collin Vitamin C Serum with Peptides; HydoPeptide Polish and Peel
- Niacinamide – wonderful for UV protection and hyperpigmentation repair, its anti-inflammatory properties are also effective in evening skin-tone and reducing redness.
OUR FAVORITES: Biopelle KNR Serum; GM Collin Active Exfoliating Powder; HydroPeptide Even Out
You may purchase many of our products right online!
HYANNIS at the Cape Codder Resort | (508) 534-5501
SANDWICH at the Dan’l Webster Inn | (508) 833-3211
PLYMOUTH at the John Carver Inn | (508) 591-8213