Gorgeous, radiant skin isn’t just in your genes. You can take an active part in maintaining your youthful glow. Women with beautiful skin tend to have these six regimens in common:
- Cleanse gently once a day - unless you have oily skin, you only need to wash your face in the evening with a quality cleanser like G.M. Collin or HydroPeptide. Simply splash your face with lukewarm water in the morning. If your skin is oily, cleanse morning and evening.
- Reapply sunscreen - you know the harmful effects of the sun so you use a moisturizer with SPF of at least 30 every morning, but did you know that the sun-shielding ingredients only last for about 2 hours? To keep skin protected, reapply! Jane Iredale mineral foundation contains SPF and is light on the skin.
- Sweat it out - getting your heart pumping once a day helps your skin glow. Exercise improves your circulation and increases the oxygen in your body which in turn improves your complexion.
- Rev up with retinol - a derivative of vitamin A, retinol has been proven to boost collagen which reduces fine lines and speeds cell turnover to even out discoloration
- Rest for beauty - at least 7 hours of sleep per night is needed for beautiful skin. Cortisol, the stress hormone, ages the skin and can cause acne. Sleep reduces the cortisol level in your body. Our favorite product for retinol is Biopelle. It is gentle enough for sensitive skin, yet highly effective.
- Get facials - they are key in the fight against fine lines and wrinkles. When the skin is well exfoliated, the top layer of dead skin comes off revealing a glowing complexion. Plus, removing those dead cells helps boost the immune system of the skin and improves circulation which helps refine pores and lessen wrinkles.
Start implementing these face savers today and call or reserve your facial appointment online with one of our skin care specialists. They will be happy to assist in creating a plan to help you achieve optimal results for your specific skin type.
SANDWICH at the Dan’l Webster Inn | (508) 833-3211
PLYMOUTH at the John Carver Inn | (508) 591-8213